Often neglected, the arms are an area of the body where fat and cellulite accumulate. The result: you end up with soft, flabby arms and excess skin that hangs down. To avoid this bat-like effect, simply know the following tips, do a few targeted exercises and follow an adapted food hygiene.
Losing weight, refining and building up your arms is the infallible program to have dancer’s arms!
Wrap with the anti-cellulite wrap to refine and firm your arms
To eliminate cellulite and fat stored under the arms, the wrap is an easy and effective technique. It involves wrapping the target area in a plastic food film after applying an active slimming agent (a slimming cream or a natural homemade preparation). Some of the most effective homemade preparations for draining cellulite from the arms are the coffee + olive oil mixture, the spirulina + cider vinegar + ginger powder or the black clay + grapefruit juice mixture. Once the mixture has been applied to your arm, wrap it in several successive layers of cling film, or in special wrap sleeves to refine the arms to allow optimal penetration and action of the slimming cream or preparation. The sweat that results from this process eliminates toxins and helps expel fat from the arms. Repeat the operation every day, keeping the wrap on as long as possible.
Move to refine and strengthen your arms.
Sport and strength training exercises are essential to have thin and firm arms. No matter what activity you choose, the key to successful arm weight loss is regular attendance. You should exercise at least 20 minutes a day, every day for the attack phase and 4 times a week for the stabilization phase. The results are visible from the first month.
Preferred sports: some sports allow you to refine your arms and sculpt them. Swimming allows you to build up your arms with finesse. Yoga is also among the most recommended sports, as well as boxing, cross fit or tennis.
Targeted exercises for slimming the arms: This involves working the triceps and biceps, which are the muscles that shape the shape of the arms. For greater efficiency, use a pair of dumbbells or water bottles.
- Exercise 1: Stand with your feet slightly apart and your knees slightly bent with a dumbbell in each hand. Extend your arms along your body, resting the backs of your hands on your thighs. Bring your forearms back to your arms. Make a series of 10 movements and then release. Do 10 sets of exercises every day.
- Exercise 2: In a standing position, feet slightly apart, arms relaxed along the body with a dumbbell in each hand, extend your arms behind and hold them as long as possible. Release and do three series of 10 movements each.
- Exercise 3: Lie on the floor and bend your legs, with arms stretched out along the ribs and holding a dumbbell in each hand. With your arms outstretched, bring the dumbbells back above your head keeping your back straight and on the ground. Do 5 sets of 10 movements each day.
- Exercise 4 – Board with leg lifts: get into the board position with your legs and arms straight, hands under your shoulders. Exhale and raise your right (extended) leg, rest your right leg and exhale while raising your left leg. Continue breathing, alternating sides.
- Exercise 5 – Scissors: a very simple exercise, which consists of closing and opening the outstretched arms, overlapping them (like scissors). In a standing position, with your back straight, raise your arms to shoulder height and stretch them straight out in front of you. Stretch your outstretched arms straight to each side and then bring them back to the front, crossing them. Repeat the exercise in 3 sets of 15 scissors each.
Always remember to stretch after each workout or exercise: stretch your arms above your head. Place one hand between your shoulder blades, hold the opposite elbow with the other hand and stretch. Hold for 40 seconds while breathing, then reverse sides.
Lose weight in your arms by eating better
The fat under the arms is often due to a storage of cellulite that is difficult to dislodge. The diet should be balanced, low in fat and fast sugars, and rich in protein, antioxidants and foods and drinks that drain and eliminate cellulite.
- Eat less, but in smaller portions: break up your meals into several small meals of small amounts. This stimulates the basic metabolism and thus allows you to use more energy by burning stored fat. Avoid foods rich in saturated fats that are stored directly.
- Favour vegetables (steamed or grilled) and good quality proteins (lean meats, fish and vegetable proteins). Also eat anti-cellulite draining foods (black radish, cabbage, pineapple, parsley, leek, red fruits, onion, eggplant, endives…).
In addition to food hygiene, drink at least 2 liters of water per day for a better drainage of cellulite. Think of green tea, lemon water and slimming drinks such as fennel, red vine or dandelion infusion.